Friday, March 28, 2008

Into the Void: Sharing Valiant/Acclaim with the Universe



I've decided to fire a satellite into space. The satellite, which I'm calling the VCSUSA Intergalactic Space Nugget, will carry on it my equivalent of the Voyager Golden Record. Except instead of a phonograph record, I'm using an assortment of YouTube videos. And these videos aren't so much "a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings" as they are a cosmic cry for help. Maybe this way extraterrestrial life will get to experience our ridiculousness along with our descendants. Perhaps they'll even come to Earth's rescue. Here are just some of the videos I've chosen to represent various comic subcultures:

Hairy the BFD: Webcast 7


Bob Layton/Valiant Annual Birthday Party 1992


Turok 2_Seeds Of Evil_Gameplay (N64)


Turok "Bring It" TV Spot (PS3,Xbox 360,PC)

No comments: